All healthcare professionals are required to engage in ongoing professional development, continuing education activities and read communications from the CMTPEI to stay aware of changing professional obligations.
CMTPEI’s Continuing Competency Program (CCP) exists to ensure that PEI’s RMTs retain and continuously build upon their knowledge, judgement and skills. The program also ensures that RMTs remain up-to-date on evolving evidence and best-practice in their field. This contributes to high-quality, safe care for Islanders.
PEI RMTs maintain and build their competence by:
Maintaining a professional portfolio of professional containing development learning goals, continuing education sessions evidence, professional practice development evidence, self-reflection exercises, mandatory College continuing competency requirements. Continuing competency activities include:
- Setting and meeting their learning goals
- Participating in continuing education related to massage therapy practice
- Participating in session related to professional practice development
- Applying their knowledge, judgment and skills through active practice
- Completing self-assessments
- Undergoing peer reviews
All RMTs are asked to declare on their annual registration renewal form that they engage in CCP activities in order to maintain their registration with the College.